Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tawnee Stone In Chocolate

An author of the 60 that I knew well: Andrew Lay





As a novelist, I'm going to call my memories because I ' I "attended" sporadically for twenty years.
I back to the years 1962-1963, just after my military service.
Long before I was 14 when I started reading the collection Black River, especially the "special police" and "espionage". I became a fan and I invent stories of already.
One of my favorite authors was Andre Lay . I liked his way of telling and each book, a very different story with different heroes. Sometimes they went very near me.
And then one day in the local newspaper, the photo of Andrew Lay with his dog. I learned her name, city and André Boulay he lived in Saint-Maur-des-Fosses (94). I lived in the town next door.
I allowed myself to call him and this great man, not by size but by the imagination (he "pond" four novels a year and that for at least thirty years. Overall, 140 novels to his credit are , including some for the big screen. I remember an American movie "Men of Las Vegas" from one of his books.)
For his work if my memory is correct, when he began to write was from 9am to 12pm and 14pm to 18pm. Everything by hand. Then replay and then pass from the typist. during that month, he refused to be disturbed. Only work mattered. The entire work lasted about two months. He still had a month to possibly pondering a new story

At that time I started writing and I gave him a manuscript to the Black River: denied.
I saw him 3 times or 4 times a year before a beer or whiskey. We were talking about books and authors and how had her first manuscript was accepted, because his "real" job market was a butcher in the morning and afternoon, he wrote stories. It was almost the beginning of the Black River and he was looking for sponsors. He was among the first novelists to enter the collection.
Time passed and one day after a phone call, we went by car to the markets in Paris, where his friend and novelist Alain Page turned his first film as director.

Time passed again, and retired, he and his wife went to live in the south. We lost sight of his death and learned through Alain Page whom I phoned. I have since found his wife who lives in the Paris region.
All my life I've been a fan of crime fiction through readings, but also through these meetings characters.

I have almost forgotten nothing of that blessed time, and that's why I research these authors sometimes unjustly forgotten that my humble person participates a little to publicize them, or better known, new generations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment