Thursday, December 24, 2009

Things To Write In A Wedding Card Advice

THE DOOBIE BROTHERS

Preamble: My dear (s) friend (s), I'm not not very active right now, which explains the delay longer and longer between items. This should return to normal after the holidays. This period of turkey stuffed (and I do not mean your sister in law) does not put me really happy. I have never really liked the large family parties where the hypocrisy is full nose sniffs, and where, despite the efforts of those who hold a significant percentage of individuals can refrain from criticizing anything and everything. Let us add to this a media circus more jets, and apporche more commercial things that seems to force us to stuff like geese and to rejoice in a binding manner.
With these good words, I wish you a merry Christmas (especially for those who get along well with their step-sister), and then, well ... Keep On Rockin 'the devil!

"For it is also what we are dreaming while listening to a good rock record: a better world. We want people who lead us are less poor."

Doobie Brothers: "The Captain And Me» 1973

It's fun, but yesterday I heard on the radio, a medium rare in my car, "Long Train Running". I remember this song as a huge shock of my musical life. I think he was one of those I agreed that there was a vast and magical world behind that song, one of Rock the 70s.
I took several years to discover the perpetrators of this song, but I kept the long tape on which it stood.
The group name found (Doobie Brothers), I discovered in my old Rock'N'Fok purchased from flea markets they were respected in 1975. They were a sort of synthesis of the Deep South, this fusion of blues, funk, soul and rock. This synthesis magic, the rock-critic looked for a long time.
I was often disappointed by the artists who were "the perfect synthesis of the Deep South." Often a boring blues to die, then where funk-soul clumsy, they were in no way reflects the image I had in my head: this magical group, rhythmically perfect, pulsating life of their music , sweating like dogs on the boards of U.S. theaters, and the guitars sounding like devils.
Out for me, "Long Train Running" was a sort of apotheosis of this little mind of this musical Everest as desired. I bought the album "The Captain And Me" much later. He remained an obsession for me, so much that I kept in its cellophane few days, preferring to revel in Heavy-Metal familiar ground: Black Sabbath, Motorhead, or UFO.
Finally, Sunday afternoon sullen and grim, I tore open the package, and I put the disk. I could not hold me to put four or five times "Long Train Running" in a row. Then I went to the discovery of the disc. And I was delighted. Rarely does a disc got me much fun, tastes as rich and varied.
It is actually an intense journey, a journey of the senses and wildest dreams. It is perfect music for long trips in a Ford Mustang Fastback 1968 that there never will be, one where you feel sad and banal it becomes dark and lonely hero, through life, leaving those they intersect with fond memories. Especially among the female population who can not resist such charisma and inner wounds enclosed in this heart of stone. And the sun is broken only by swaying figures in high heels, tight shorts, mini-skirts and low cut deep undulating groove lasciviously on the Doobie Brothers. But our hero is not fooled.
Is this the power of music? Still, this album is an invitation to travel in the urban landscape, it is this crossing the United States which we dream. That of Starsky and Hutch, All Risks Agency, The Judge and the pilot, all these series make large spaces, cars and the law fairer.
For it is also what we are dreaming while listening to a good rock record: a better world. It wants people who lead us are less poor.
I have often thought about this while listening " The Captain And Me ". And it's still for me a kind of escape from the crap that surrounds me. Clio's my job become a Pontiac Firebird. I serve my teeth, I look away and I become beautiful and dark. The key to happiness
course called "Long Train Running," but also "China Grove", "Without You" and the magnificent "Clear As The Driven Snow. This song is an absolute miracle, crossed a wall beyond the human void. You want to know? This song is part of that I want us to play at my funeral. The lyrics, rhythm impromptu Irish is a total success.
And not talking about "South City Midnight Lady" that reconciled me mixed up with the Californian rock, country and Americana.
is warm, it's both rock devil, and subtle, fine, alternating in an almost progressive musical genres with a natural blending.
Ultimately, this disc is superb. It is a condensed burning that brought American music better. I mean by funk, blues, country, soul and of course rock'n'roll. Since then, American music, good, eh, it's not very glorious.
The following will be elsewhere too, not quite glorious. Beginning in 1976 with the arrival Michael McDonald, the group is mired in a Californian rock mawkish, syrupy ballads made songs and FM. No wonder they split in 1983. And on a rather bitter note; Then they could have been an antidote to mammoth commercial hard like Led Zeppelin or the Eagles or the FM Fleetwood Mac, offering a refreshing music, they fell into the trap.
Today, the Doobie still exist, surviving like many American bands of the 70s with one or two original members who use and abuse of a surname mall.

All Rights Reserved

0 comments:

Post a Comment